[thelist] Validation > pressure on software companies??

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 17:02:01 CDT 2002

On Friday, June 14, 2002, at 05:30  pm, mini-d wrote:

> Don't people chance of cars where they see is getting olders?

Some. Not all. I have a car which is 1998 vintage.

> Don't people change TVs because they become more wider and more
> confortables and full of features?

Some, but many can still see the programmes they want to an OK standard,
so they don't even upgrade to cable/satellite.

> I guess if we force that 4% to move to the rest i guess it would be
> better. I figure a persona one day enter to a website and see almost
> everything broken, because they s***y browser can't support any
> standard, i guess we don't need to redirect the visitors to a page
> explaining they need to change...

The day that I see signs on the road refusing entry to cars over a few
years old (and drivers happily complying) is the day I expect that to be
accepted by most users.

> I guess if every company frustrates
> them, they will update.

The more some companies refuse to serve customers because the customers
(yes, the people with the money) don't have what the companies'
designers refuse to cater for, the more their competition will say
"thankyou very much"

Doing better stuff for those with higher browser specs is fine. Refusing
to serve those without them (even if it's basic) is just daft.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,