[thelist] Validation > pressure on software companies??

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jun 14 17:44:00 CDT 2002

Martin Burns wrote in response to mini-d:

> > Don't people chance of cars where they see is getting olders?
>
> Some. Not all. I have a car which is 1998 vintage.

Amen. I've got a 1975 Chevy half-ton pickup that I bought ten
years ago. For my less-than-daily driving habits, it's fine.

> > Don't people change TVs because they become more wider and more
> > confortables and full of features?
>
> Some, but many can still see the programmes they want to an OK standard,
> so they don't even upgrade to cable/satellite.

+1 to Martin's comment, but in addition --

some people have /multiple/ TVs of different capabilities and sizes.

A big TV with cable in the den, medium-sized TV hooked to a VCR in
the kids' bedroom, small under-cabinet model in the kitchen, maybe
a 2-inch-screen battery model with antenna to carry into the yard,
to the pool, etc.

Guaranteed they won't /all/ be letter-box digital models ...

/* metaphor stretching concluded ... :-)  */
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --