[thelist] Need advice for acquiring a .biz domain

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Fri Jun 14 23:29:01 CDT 2002

1 - If the cost to get the domain is the same - direct or arbitration -
    go with arbitration. That you can trust. This person, ????? It will
    take longer, but it's final. But if you can trust this person, and
    if you don't think there are other claimants in the wings that might
    challenge you, then go direct. It's faster.

2 - Unless this other person can present a better argument to the
    arbitration board than you, then that's a gamble. Arbitration is
    only overruled by a court case. Arbitration should be a 1-time
    cost, nothing hidden. They instruct the registrar to turn the
    domain name over to you. By the agreements the registrars live
    with, they *will* give you the name if the board rules that way.

Keep us updated. I'd like to hear how it turns out.

--
    Hugh