[thelist] more .htaccess fun

Shashank Tripathi sub at shanx.com
Sun Jun 16 18:48:01 CDT 2002

Hi Daniel,

    | >> redirect /portfolio /index.html?cnt=portfolio
    | >> gives a 500 error)
    | >
    | It doesnt work with anything I redirect to... Im thinking
    | that Im not allowed to use redirects or something as
    | fundamental as that

As your hosting provider if they support mod_rewrite module from Apache,
it is needed for such redirects but not all hosts have it installed. If
you are sure that you have it, try this in your .htaccess in whatever
folder your index.html is in:

    .htaccess

    RewriteEngine On

    # Send their request to index.html
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.html?cnt=portfolio [L,R]

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Cheers
Shanx