[thelist] Hand Coding (was Dreamweaver Codewriting)

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Mon Jun 17 14:15:01 CDT 2002

> KDSK> But finally I had to admit, that Dreamweaver in general just
> writes cleaner
> KDSK> code than I do. Also getting visual feedback is very important to
> create a
> KDSK> well designed page in my opinion and Dreamweaver does a pretty
> good job
> KDSK> doing this. And You always have the code it generates right in
> front of you
> KDSK> as well.
>
> Then you haven't yet learnt to hand code. Besides visual feedback *is
> misleading* - it's not print it's the web, the same code may look
> completely different on different browsers/platforms.

Hi, if you're trimming your mail by hand, could you use normal line-lengths
and quoting patterns please? That would make the email more usable, thanks!

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/