[thelist] access log viewing

Benjamin C. Varadi bvaradi at nlcnet.org
Mon Jun 17 16:34:01 CDT 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> What's the best and easiest (more on the easiest to start) way to view raw access logs? I think
> there is a app out there called Analog, but i have never used raw logs before. It'd be great if I
> could have it all done online and not have to download the log and process it, but not sure if you
> can do that.

Analog's at http://www.analog.cx

Just put it on the same server as your log files and change the config
file to point to them (you'll probably want to use wildcards, as opposed
to the example, which has only a single logfile).  When you run it,
it'll generate an html file with all your stats.

You'll probably want to spend some time exploring the options in the
documentation, but it works as soon as you change those lines.

-BEN