[thelist] Site check required please

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 17:47:03 CDT 2002

On Monday, June 17, 2002, at 10:07  pm, Duncan O'Neill wrote:

> Nice job. The site works well with images and CSS
> turned off in IE5 / PC.

Also works very nicely in a range of text only browsers, which I guess
is important for you.

I'm wondering - that side nav. It's essentially an unordered list.
Thought of making it a <ul> with CSS styling?

I *do* like the ><span class="hidden">&#160;|&#160;</span> separating
the links, though. Very smart.

You may want to put in <map> tags around repeated elements to enable
people with appropriate screenreaders to skip past them and get to the
main content:
<map title="Navigation" id="navigation">
[nav stuff]
</map>
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#group-bypass
although your 	<DIV CLASS="hidden" ID="accessibilitylinks"> does the
job too

Finally, some keyboard shortcuts to the main nav items would put the
icing on the cake.

Overall, *very* nicely done

Cheers
Martin