[thelist] Guide to FreeHosting

N.a.v.i.n ....D.h.a.n.u.k.a navin_dhanuka at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 08:31:00 CDT 2002

Hi,

Some Free WebHosting Tips :

"I don't need much space, and all I need is a host with no advertisements. A
decent amount of transfer would be good enough for me."

http://www.liquid2k.com/ (recommended)
http://www.brinkster.com/ (recommended)
http://www.demented.org/
http://www.cfm-resources.com/
http://www.digitalrice.com/

"I desperately need PHP and a decent amount of space (maybe 15-25 MB). I
would be willing to accept a few ads (banner or pop-under, but not both!),
but I would definitely prefer it if the host had no-ads. I need as much
transfer as possible. MySQL is optional."

http://www.host.sk/ (no-ads)
http://www.php50.com/ (pop-up)
http://www.t35.com/ (pop-up)
http://www.clawz.com/ (banner)
http://www.tripod.co.uk/ (pop-up, MySQL included)
"I need a host that will accept large files and provides quite a large
amount of transfer. I do need FTP, but no scripting languages are necessary.
Ads should be kept to a minimum, as I am keeping my entire site here as
well."

http://www.freewebsites.com/
http://www.gizba.com/
http://www.webavenue.org/
http://www.hut.ru/
http://www.web1000.com/

"I don't care about space or ads or transfer. 5-10 MB space, a pop-up +
banners, 300 MB a month transfer would even be enough. All I need is
reliability. A host that is not likely to go down soon, and a host that has
minimal downtime. Do you know of any hosts?"

http://www.geocities.com/
http://www.angelfire.com/
http://www.tripod.com/
http://www.topcities.com/

"I desperately need CGI for an Ikonboard or YaBB I am looking to host. I
don't mind ads, as long as they aren't too annoying. I just need 10 MB of
space, and the host must have FTP. Please recommend some hosts!"

http://www.netfirms.com/
http://www.spaceports.com/
http://www.4gigs.com/
http://free.prohosting.com/ (only if board doesn't require SMTP)
http://www.clawz.com/
http://www.amzweb.net/signup.php
http://www.hut.ru/

"I really need 20-30 MB of space, a fair amount of transfer, and ASP. FTP
would be nice, but it's not required. Thanks!"

http://www.brinkster.com/ (no FTP, and no ads)
http://www.raketnet.nl/
http://www.cfm-resources.com/
http://www.aspfreeserver.com/
http://www.websamba.com/

"I am looking for a host that offers at least 15 MB space and 1 GB transfer,
as well as PHP/MySQL and CGI. Do you know of any hosts?"

http://www.amzweb.net/signup.php (also offers ASP)
http://www.spaceports.com/
http://www.digitalrice.com/ (only 5 MB space)
http://www.portland.co.uk/ (only 100 MB transfer)

"I need 20-30 MB of space with PHP and MySQL. FTP is a necessity. Keep the
ads to a minimum, but I wouldn't mind a pop-up or a banner. I also would
like at least 1 GB of transfer. I might need it for a forum, like phpBB or
IBForums, so I would appreciate it if they allowed forums."

http://www.host.sk/ (no ads)
http://www.spaceports.com/
http://www.tripod.co.uk/
http://www.multimania.com/
http://www.amzweb.net/signup.php
http://www.web1000.com/ (use at your own risk!)

"I need at least 20 MB of space, with somewhere around a gig of transfer.
FTP would be cool, but what I'm really looking for is domain hosting. PHP or
CGI would be helpful. "

http://www.webavenue.org/ (no ads)
http://www.ghs20.com/ (no ads)
http://www.host.sk/ (no ads)
http://www.amzweb.net/signup.php
http://www.netfirms.com/
http://www.fateback.com/

"I have a free Opensource Project. Where can i host it ?"
http://www.sourceforge.net
http://savannah.gnu.org
http://www.berlios.de

Best Regards