[thelist] Number 2 and a site check?

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Tue Jun 18 18:49:00 CDT 2002

Try leaving the font-size and weight out of the :active, :visited and :hover
links, like so:

A.nav {
color: #000;
background-color: #ccc;
font-weight: normal;
font-size: 70%;
}
A.nav:visited {
color: #000;
background-color: #ccc;
}
A.nav:hover {
color: #c03;
background-color: #ccc;
text-decoration: none;
}
Opera must be interpreting the :hover as "70% of 70%", or about 50%.

You could also take the class="nav" out of each of your <a>s and <h1>s. You
CSS could then be
#nav A {...}
#nav h1 {...}
and so on.

Your positioning is a little wonky, too. The percentages are throwing the
layout off the right edge of the screen. Trying something more like this
will keep it under control:

#main {
margin-left: 200px;
margin-right: 20px;
margin-top: 10px;
padding : 5px;
}

#nav {
position: absolute;
top: 10px;
left: 20px;
width: 150px;
padding : 5px;
}

It looks like a good start! Flesh it out with some photos, and try to
convince him to do away with the pop-ups...if you can.
Good luck!

--
Scott Schrantz
work: www.rci-nv.com