[thelist] MySQL Tutorials & CMS tutorials?

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Wed Jun 19 08:03:00 CDT 2002

Hello,

I am looking to start learning MySQL for a CMS that I am planning on
building, however, I am not sure where to go for good beginner
tutorials. I realize that I can simply read the manual, but I tend to
learn better when I can read a good tutorial. So, does anyone know where
I can find beginner and intermediate tutorials on MySQL?

Also, are there any good sources out there that discuss the technical
and philoshophical issues related to creating a Content Management
System? I have been reading the articles on evolt on the subject, but I
am looking for something that will explain how to set up modules withing
the CMS and then how to allow for the future modules to be added and the
management of those modules. Something along the lines of the way that
phpnuke works.

One last question, does anyone in Toronto, Canada know of any good
places to buy a notebook computer? Anyone know any gems amidst the
pebbles of computers stores that exist in this city or is Future Shop
really the best place to go?

Thanks in advanced,

//cdj