[thelist] Ad Sales Advice Needed

McCoy, Alan amccoy at goodmanct.com
Wed Jun 19 10:51:01 CDT 2002

In the course of planning the site I'm working on, I'm considering
selling ad space in various locations on the site. I'm planning on the
site being community oriented (a la evolt, slashdot, etc.) and want to
target advertisers whose products are directly related to this
community. However, I've never had to formulate an advertising plan and
frankly I have no idea where to begin.

Is there a good methodology for coming up with ad rates and appropriate
ad space levels (top of page, sidebar, bottom of page, text, etc.)?
Anyone have any recommendations on where to find resources to get this
started in the right direction?

Thanks!

Alan