[thelist] Can't get CSS layout to look correct

Roger Ly rogerly at bareviking.com
Thu Jun 20 17:17:00 CDT 2002

Hey all,

I've been trying to convert a few pages of mine from a table layout to a CSS
layout, but I am having problems getting them to look correct in anything except
IE..

I've seen a couple of things:

 - In Netscape 4.7, the top colored divs I have stacked on top of each other
leave some space between them, so I have a line of white between my colored
boxes.
 - In Netscape 4.7, the text is below the image, and not to its right.
 - In Mozilla 1.0, the image I have in the bottom box is aligned weirdly, where
it seems to go up off the browser screen.
 - In Mozilla 1.0, I have defined a width, and padding-left for the top box.
But, it seems to make the box render at width+padding-left pixels (instead of
just width pixels [247px v 240px]).  Mozilla seems to be ignoring my
padding-right as well.

You can see the attempt that I made at http://www.bareviking.com/files/div.html

The top left is the CSS version.  The bottom left is the original table version.
 On the right are screenshots of the problems I am seeing in NS4.7, Mozilla 1,
and the version I see in IE 6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger