[thelist] [OT] Authorware

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Jun 20 17:26:08 CDT 2002

At 6:17 AM 6/19/2, c h r i s d e m p s e y wrote:
>i need to find out if authorware can be used to created a training course
>which pulls questions from a database, and if it would be possible to make
>changes to the database (using asp/forms/browser) that would then be
>reflected in the training course?

It could be. The means can differ greatly between local databases and
remote databases, and in each of those cases what connecting software the
database uses.

It sounds like you're contemplating doing web-based administration of the
course, and I'm assuming "pulling questions" means making requests for just
plain text.

For a primer on the Authorware end of things, try searching on that
"Technotes" address in my sig for Authorware technotes with phrase
"database"... this pulls up a number of articles, some of which may be
close to what you're considering.

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/