[thelist] Re: CSS article

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Thu Jun 20 18:09:00 CDT 2002

>I may try that, not a bad idea. I could care less about IE3 or even NN4.
Especially since on my
>preliminary logs, all I have been seeing is IE5 and 6. What about the Mac
though, my parents use
>an iMac with IE5...

IE5/Mac is a really nice browser. It's the only MS software on my main
system. I think Moz edged it out for most standards-compliant, but not by
much. The biggest problem with it is that some sites do browser sniffing
based on IE, without sniffing platform, and so the scripts break. Doesn't
happen often, and usually not on good sites, anyway. Best bonus with it is
that the next time some Windows-centric designer out there produces his
Windows text with a small point size, resulting in microscopic text on the
Mac, you can switch to the Windows font sizing system and see what he
wrote.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224