[thelist] [OT] Laptop LCD Screen

Chris axe at suburbia.com.au
Fri Jun 21 18:36:01 CDT 2002

Hey,

This is off topic but maybe someone can help.

I was recently given an oldish laptop, the only problem is that the LCD
screen has a thick black bar running across it horizontally. Does this mean
that the screen is no good anymore, or can it be easily repaired?

I haven't worked with LCD screens before and don't know much about them so
any help would be great. :)

Regards,
Chris

<tip type="PHP.net">
The PHP.net website has some smart features that make it easy to find what
you are looking for. Most of the time you can simply append what you are
looking for to the php.net URL. Such as if you want to look up the echo
function you would use http://php.net/echo which will take you to the
relevant manual page. This shortcut method can also be used to search the
php.net website, for more information go to: http://www.php.net/urlhowto.php
and http://www.php.net/tips.php.
</tip>