[thelist] Correct use of H tags

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 22 01:59:00 CDT 2002

This has been bothering me for a while - the answer is probably out
there somewhere, but I couldn't find a definate one.

Is there a correct way of using H tags on a page?  I'll explain
further...  The W3 html site uses one h1 tag for the page/document title
followed by one h2 tag followed by loads of h3 tags.  If those h1 and h2
tags weren't there, would it be correct to use loads of h1 tags (as they
would be the first instance on a h tag on the page), or is an h1 tag
supposed to be for a top page heading only?

Arrgh!

Thanks

Francis