[thelist] ASP/VBSCRIPT: debugging, stepping-through, etc.

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Jun 24 14:33:01 CDT 2002

hi.

i've got a complicated e-commerce script that is not working. i didn't
write it so i've had to sift my way through the code, trying to follow
the correct progression. however, it is driving me crazy since i cannot
find what's going wrong.

is there a way to step through vbscript as it is executed by the server?
being able to do that would completely solve my problem i'm sure.

OR

does anyone have any suggestions as to how to best debug something like
this? i already use a function i created (called debugWrite()) that is
only executed when the debug variable is set to 1. but still, this
doesn't help too much since it's not very feasible to put a function
call after each line of code. but i'm all ears if you have any ideas.

thanks,
chris.