[thelist] PHP Automated Downloads WAS PHP, JAVA File retrieval

Rob Wilson robw at enigma-interactive.co.uk
Tue Jun 25 09:56:01 CDT 2002

> I hope to do this via a stand alone PHP executable called by a CRON on a
> daily basis. Any ideas for passing the three variables to the login page
and
> activating the login? I am trying more stuff now that I know more about
the
> location of these files, but no success yet.

The only suggestion I would have would be to use the networking components
of php and do the HTTP POST request manually.  It's a bit of a long way
round and not something I've tried myself but it's probably the way I would
try to do it myself.

As for the the sessionid, if it is appended to the URL then it's not too
hard to deal with as you simply pass it as a variables either by GET or
POST, if however it resides in a cookie then it get more interesting.

HTH
--
Rob Wilson
robw at enigma-interactive.co.uk