[thelist] Browser Stats Released

Chris Kaminski chris at setmajer.com
Tue Jun 25 10:33:00 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, June 25, 2002, at 05:11 PM, Feingold Josh S wrote:

> Of course, YMMV, but it is helps to see the overall picture.

I dunno how much it helps, though. I can't find any information on
their sniffers (do they filter spoofers such as Opera out of the IE
results? does IE include Mac IE?) or the types of sites they get
the data from. Lacking that information, I have a hard time putting
their numbers in a useful context.

That NN4.x number of 1.4% seems especially suspect, as most sites
I've been involved with or seen stats from have had more than that
up to the last three months or so.

More grist for the mill, I suppose, but no better than
TheCounter.com and quite possibly even worse.

chris.kaminski { functionNewMedia :: <http://www.function.de> }