[thelist] ASP/VBSCRIPT: debugging, stepping-through, etc.

Bigpant bigpant at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 25 10:56:01 CDT 2002

> does anyone have any suggestions as to how to best debug something
like
this?

not a vb man by trade, but there's a php error reporting feature that
calls a user defined function when there is an error or a warning.

function my_error_handler ($errno, $errmsg, $filename, $linenum, $vars)
{
	[ write all these vars to a file, or email it ]
}

$handler = set_error_handler("my_error_handler");

There must be something similar in vb?! If the application isn't
working, it's highly likely there will be warnings which may give you a
clue as to what's going on.

Good luck
Phil