[thelist] Browser Stats Released

Gary Bland Gary at star-chaser.com
Tue Jun 25 14:12:01 CDT 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

>><http://www.macedition.com/cb/cb_20011231.php>
>>

> That's a really good article and well worth the read. I totally forgot about Mac users and NS4.
> (And I used to be one of them!) But he kind of validates the fact that NS4 is dying a slow but
> sure death. One point of debate may be his contention that "somewhere in the middle of 2002" we
> can start designing for standards compliant browsers...well, here we are in mid-2002 and I don't
> know that you can stop hacking your pages just yet.
>
> Tom

What I have been doing for the last six months is presenting a 2 part
estimate. I sat down and figured out that it took me on average 20%
longer to hack for NN4. So in the estimate I separated the cost. If it
was going to cost $xxx without NN4 then it was going to cost $xxx plus
20%. Then you explain them what NN4 users get is a plain text version of
the site with images and working links. It has worked for me, so far. I
probably do 75% less NN4 hacking now.

Gary