[thelist] RE: auto-sized boxes, and a CSS rant -- SOLVED

Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov
Tue Jun 25 15:56:00 CDT 2002

Brilliant, Chris!

Yes, there is, and after consulting with a bright co-worker, I was able to
use it to get what I wanted.

The final code, working well:

      do this<br />
      do that<br />
      do otherstuff<br />

I still am not completely happy with this:
(a) It seems like flagrant abuse of the width property.
(b) Isn't there some rule about not nesting block-level elements? That's a
div-within-a-span-within-a-div I've got there.

But it works. (-: (I'm open to more clever solutions if anyone's got any...)

--
Jonathan McPherson, LMIT/SD&I
Software Engineer & Web Systems Analyst