[thelist] Opening Maximized Window

Bigpant bigpant at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 26 08:12:01 CDT 2002

> wtf?

[re. large chunk of irrelevant js]

I second that - for a simple full screen browser window, this seems a
little extravagant ;-)

Syed, I guess you didn't get that Mr. Gallagher was being sarcastic. A
general rule of thumb when designing web sites is not to force
interface-level conventions on the user. You may have a legitimate
reason for wanting to maximise the browser window, but the user may not
want that. The interface of a system is a personal thing, and many users
have accessibility issues. You may end up alienating users if they
cannot control the windows of your site.

Phil