[thelist] Netscape doesn't load this page

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Jun 26 18:01:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "{ schaapy }" <list01 at theparagon.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 6:18 PM

> Sweet Joshua -
> I was just thinking that but wasn't sure if it was a myth or factual. It
> would however explain alot though if true :-)

"Sweet Joshua"... hmm, are you hitting on me?  :-)  I think you just got me
in trouble with my wife.

> I ended up changing a couple SMALL things today on the code but it still
> hangs up Netscape 4.x. Crazy enough though - after waiting 3 minutes with
> Netscape 4.x hung up, it then will display the page.

That is the most common complaint when embedding too many tables.  NN
doesn't really crash, it chokes and slows down, but usually does end up
displaying the page eventually.  I could've been a bit more clear, I
suppose.  It's most likely a case of poor memory management, but I really
don't have first hand knowledge.

> Wouldn't it be great if we could destroy 4.x browsers ;-)

Indeed, NN at least.

-joshua