[thelist] question on css positioning

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 26 19:10:01 CDT 2002

Hey everyone, I have a question on what I thought was a simple positioning
question but after trying lots of things, I don't know if its as simple as I
thought (or maybe it is).

http://www.cilon.com/test/layout.html

What I have here is a bunch of different boxes. And I have a few related
questions:

1. I want the HOME box to have 2 split columns, with each centered
vertically off the other (currently both are at the top) and centered within
the main div. Is this possible? What are the attributes to do this? I
couldn't find anything that worked anywhere.

2. Is there a way to center like the HOME and the other titles inside the
div? Is there a way to make their background color span the entire div
instead of just using padding?

3. Is there a better way to make all of the boxes layout in a table fashion,
rather than just using float: none and padding? I noticed sometimes they
line up in rows correctly and others one is one its own row for some reason.

4. Is there a way to make just a solid vertical line? Or just using a side
of a box is that the only way?

Thanks

ted