[thelist] question on css positioning

Gary Bland Gary at star-chaser.com
Wed Jun 26 22:36:01 CDT 2002

ted serbinski wrote:
> Hey everyone, I have a question on what I thought was a simple positioning
> question but after trying lots of things, I don't know if its as simple as I
> thought (or maybe it is).
>
> http://www.cilon.com/test/layout.html

> Thanks
>
> ted

Ted,
  I am afraid I have to agree with Lon. You do need to go through the w3
school. Anyhow here is small example of what you are after. It is one of
several ways to go and it is very basic.

  BTW you need to put a complete dtd on that page to get the browsers
out of quirks mode.

       style="width:150px;color:#000000; background-color:ThreedFace;
font-family:Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:11px;
font-weight:500;">
          style="width:100%; background-color:InfoText;
color:#FFFF66;font-weight:700; text-align:center;">
             HOME
             Words<br />
             Words
             words<br />