[thelist] Re: JAVASCRIPT: moving the scroll position of the browser onload

Techwatcher techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Thu Jun 27 08:37:03 CDT 2002

This is one of those "outside the box" things, I guess... You're
looking for a function but you only need an internal (named) anchor.

> i was thinking that maybe it would be more convenient for the user to
> have the page automagically scrolled to the very bottom so they could
> quickly understand why they were sent back to form page. i think that
if
> they are sent back and do not immediately realize that there was an
> error in the form, they will assume everything went well and move on.
> which they shouldn't.
>
> i would like to do this onload (only when the user is sent back of
> course) so that it seems normal.

That is, I'm assuming you can replace the name of the page the client
returns to when there's an error to something like
this: "mypage.html#start" instead of just to mypage.html

You know about internal anchors, right? They're invisible to the user,
and I can't think of any reason not to use one here.

Cheers
Carol Stein
techwatcher at accesswriters.com