[thelist] css bug, IE6?

Jonathon Jongsma jonathon at quotidian.org
Thu Jun 27 15:43:01 CDT 2002

perhaps somebody here can help me, because I can't figure out what's wrong.  I made a little "splash page" for my personal site that's behaving really weirdly in IE6.  There's a #main div surrounding all of the content, then there's a heading followed by a couple of floated divs.

It displays fine in Mozilla, but in IE6, the first h1 on the page doesn't show up for me when it loads or refreshes.  it just shows an empty space where the header should be.  if I try to highlight the area with the mouse, then the text shows up, or if I scroll down and then scroll back up to the top, the text shows up.  but when it first loads, it acts like the text is invisible.

the page is here: http://www.quotidian.org/index.html

Does anybody else see this behavior?  and if so, do you have any idea what might be causing it?  (css file at http://www.quotidian.org/quot1.css)

Thanks,
Jonathon