[thelist] limit of large query result sets

Michael Mell mike at nthwave.net
Thu Jun 27 16:42:01 CDT 2002

rudy wrote:

> it's hard to picture 60,000 rows on a single web page, so you must be
> thinking of the second strategy

I'm sending a customized email to 20,000 people and growing (they requested
our weekly mailing). Each of the 60,000 rows is one userID/dataID pair, along
with a few bits of relevant processing info. Each user gets, on average,
three data chunks, for a total of 60,000 rows.

So, I do need all that data, the question remains "Does such a large number
of quite small rows present any dangers?"

And, more of an accademic question, "What if the data size of each row was
quite large? How much data can I safely hold in memory?"

many thanks.
\m

--
mike[at]nthwave.net