Subject: Re: [thelist] Image upload help....

mary diamond mdiamond at mum.edu
Thu Jun 27 22:27:01 CDT 2002

>From: Rob Schumann <roblgs at cscoms.com>

>I'd got as far as finding the $_FILES last night, found the expected variables but was >concerned to find them empty... at this point I begin to suspect server setup OR a >firewall, >but WHY are there no values being passed, at least the ['name'] should get >through, >shouldn't it??

did you try using extract() ?
this is a comment posted on http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.extract.php

(at) ix.netcom.com13-May-2002 02:13
Extract provides an invaluable way to get around the possibility of the PHP
directive register_globals being off or on.  If you're used to
register_globals being on, and you're worried that new PHP 4.2.0
implementations will mess up existing code (because it now defaults to
off), try using this:

if (!empty($_GET)) {
extract($_GET);
} else if (!empty($HTTP_GET_VARS)) {
extract($HTTP_GET_VARS);
}

if (!empty($_POST)) {
extract($_POST);
} else if (!empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
extract($HTTP_POST_VARS);
}

That's from PHPMyAdmin (to give proper credit), and the same thing would
probably be useful elsewhere.  Thanks,

Steve

try it with $_FILES

mdiamond