[thelist] Content Management System on IIS 5

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Jun 28 01:22:01 CDT 2002

At 12:44 AM 6/28/2002, Judah McAuley wrote:
>I think that folks like aardvark and myself are
>trying to hit that middle area, but its certainly an undefined, immature
>market.

I think what's really needed is something that costs between US$500 and
$1000. I chatted with Martin offlist and he told me that an installation of
the "cheaper" packages like Divine and MS CMServer could cost about
$200000. That's a lot of money.

When you've got a 100-200 pages on your site, packages like Dreamweaver
don't cut it, and anything bigger is unaffordable. It's a good market to be in.

<rant>

Bloody Vignette doesn't even do anything out of the box. (Or have they
changed that, Martin?)

</rant>

Madhu

Madhu Menon