[thelist] to use or not use tables?

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 28 15:19:00 CDT 2002

Hi everyone.

I'm designing a new site that will be used by the open public when it dawned
on me... do I need to use tables anymore?

The reason it dawned one me was 2 reasons:

1. the browser market is close to 90% in favor of IE5+ and the other 7% with
a CSS capable browser (mozilla, nn4, ie4).
2. getting rid of tables clears a lot of clutter and simplifies the design
code

So now I ask... are my assumptions correct enough to not use tables in my
next layout (and use nested divs instead)? Will my layout work in this
majority of browsers?

Thanks

ted