[thelist] Shopping Sites, Credit Cards and PayPal

Kathy Long kathy at site-etc.com
Sat Jun 29 08:59:00 CDT 2002

I have a client who has been using Paypal successfully at eBay. She is now
setting up a store and we are tying it into Paypal. I, of course, had to
test it to be sure it was working. Here's the email I sent her regarding my
first experience AS A BUYER at her site.

Chesna,
Here is my attempt to purchase from your site.

I hit the order button on your site.
It took me to Paypal where I was asked to login or create a new account.
I didn't remember what my login was so I attempted to create a new user.
Then it wouldn't accept my email address because it said I already had an
account.
So I did it again with a different address at my domain.
It said I was already a user. Guess it doesn't like more than one person at
my domain.
So I requested that it send me my password. By this time I don't know where
my order went.
I get my password email. It says to go to this link.
I click the link. I get an error saying the link is on 2 lines and I have to
copy and paste the link in.
I copy and paste the link in as it says.
I get the same error.
I give. I didn't want that vintage blouse that bad!

I wonder how many orders vendors lose because of this.

Kathy