[thelist] In ASP, getting remaining time left in session.timeout

Craig cd-ml at aardvark.net.au
Tue Jul 2 08:43:03 CDT 2002

Hi.  I've had a bit of a look around for a way with ASP to get the remaining
time left in session.timeout and haven't found much.  For example if I set
session.timeout=10 (for 10 minutes), 5 minutes later I would like to see on
my page that only 5 minutes are left.

I would prefer not to use JavaScript to count it down, because the user
might be going to different pages on the site in the same session.

I can write the time to a session cookie and then with every page refresh
try to compare the time in the session cookie to now(), but I'm not sure how
to write that (the comparing the time part).

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Craig.