[thelist] formatting for display only

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Tue Jul 2 10:17:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
I have users entering text into a <textarea value="" cols="50" rows="20"
wrap="VIRTUAL"></textarea>. Their text can contain multiple soft and hard
carriage returns. This information is stored into a database cell.

When I go back to view this information using <pre></pre> tags I get:

     this is one long line of text. this is one long line of text. (keeps
going -->)
[/snip]

That's because the information in a text area is just one long line of text.
In order to break this up into its respective paragraphs you have to do some
"replacing". If this is where I think it is look in your POC CMS in the
article preview page. Look at how the article body is manipulated for
display. This keeps content and code seperate as no paragraph tags are
required in your content stroage system.

HTH!

Jay