[thelist] CSS - Stopping overflow

Tue Jul 2 17:47:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

Take a look at http://planetgnarly.com/css_test.asp.

What I want to achieve is the <div class="content"> div expanding in height
to surround the left floated image inside it. I cant seem to find any one
method that works with Op6, IE6 and Moz1. I'm still learning, so I am bound
to have missed something.

Putting <br clear="all" /> at the end of the paragraph works in Op6  and
Moz1, but it seems like a bit of a kludge. And it doesnt work in IE6. Giving
the div an arbitary height (eg height: 1px;) in CSS and setting
overflow:visible works in IE6, but not in Moz1 or Op6.

Any ideas, or am I just going to have to make sure my text is always taller
than the images?

Oh, the CSS file is at http://planetgnarly.com/style/style3.css

Cheers,

Olly

PS: Posts from gnarly at punkass.com seem to take days to come through at the
moment. A similar post I sent a while back hasnt come through yet so
apologies if I ask this question twice...