[thelist] Opera, Macromedia join on Mac efforts

Chris Cothrun cothrun at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 3 16:26:01 CDT 2002

On 2 Jul 2002 at 18:46, dogfood wrote:
> what does this mean for programming javaScript/DOM in dreamweaver? (a)
> ease of programming, b) compatibility-problems. DOM is one of the weak
> points in opera)

I've heard Opera is slated to get full DOM in the next version.
Something about Unicode taking priority for version 6 with a proper
DOM for v7.

Dreamweaver has long had it's own interesting DOM support for
extensions and such, I would imagine that they are being sold
something that will fit well into their existing codebase.

As the first link indicates (and as others have commented here) there is
some more alphabet soup besides DOM to support.

http://snipurl.com/236
http://snipurl.com/239

(redirects to long google groups addresses, you can find lots more
Opera gossip on those searches I did)

Chris Cothrun