[thelist] restatement of earlier q: triggering events programatically?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 17:03:01 CDT 2002

Hey,

Relating to my long question earlier - I think there is a simple
question to answer:

Will resizing a frameset *programatically* trigger an onResize event?
I'm guessing no, and that may be my problem. I'm doing this:

document.getElementById("viewerSet").cols = "301, *";

which I thought would trigger the frame's onResize function just as
if you had dragged it to 301 yourself. But it doesn't seem to trigger
the function to resize my stuff. If after this fires, I go and drag
it - it works.

I also have tried calling the function that the onResize event calls
- and this also does not work - thats the part that is really
confusing.

Thoughts?

Tom

=====