[thelist] Re: request for browser rec.

Techwatcher techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Thu Jul 4 19:22:01 CDT 2002

If Opera is "Yikes!" K-Meleon is "Ahhhhh." Thank you so much, Tom, for
that recommendation.

I downloaded it (only 1/2 hr), installed it, started browsing, and
everything works ok and looks pretty darn good. For the very first time
I got to see what the CSS site I created looks like *with* CSS rendered
more or less properly. (Hmmm, problem with that negative border; site's
still readable, though... and no background color, what's up with that?
Maybe I specified it only on the body tag? Clue: most sites I'm visiting
look as if they have white backgrounds, but I know they don't from
previous visits.)

I haven't looked into having a menu bar yet, but I can live with this
smooth, simple interface. I put in an address, and the site comes up
quickly and legibly; pretty good!

So now I have 4 browsers: IE 2.0, Netscape 4.0, Opera 6.whatever (latest
listed), and K-Meleon. The latter will probably be my browser of choice
for most work and surfing, although I'll keep the IE 2.0 around to make
sure site's I design are legible at the most basic level (i.e., check
that the CSS is truly degradable).

Cheers --
Carol Stein
techwatcher