[thelist] using mySQL with JSP/Tomcat

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 5 15:58:00 CDT 2002

--- Hassan Schroeder <hassan at webtuitive.com> wrote:

> Crap, trying to do too many things at once -- copy/paste error,
> my bad.
>
> Here's where RS got defined:
>
> 	thisStatement = "SELECT * from myTestTable";
> 	ResultSet RS = Stmt.executeQuery(thisStatement);
>
> 	while (RS.next())

Great that works - I thought a rs def was missing comparing it to ASP
but was not sure.

> > I get a class definition not found, cannot locate driver
> error..but
> > for some reason in the JSP it works?
>
> Classpath problem, most likely. After you add a jar file to your
> classpath in Windows, you have to open a new window for it to be
> recognized when you try to compile your standalone app.

I actually did restart the cmd window, and I added
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\common\lib\mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar; to my
classpath, both to no avail. Someone on another list said it is not
registered, but I don't know how to register it...

Thanks for all the help too.

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();