[thelist] using mySQL with JSP/Tomcat

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jul 5 16:15:01 CDT 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> > > I get a class definition not found, cannot locate driver
> > error..but
> > > for some reason in the JSP it works?
> >
> > Classpath problem, most likely.

> I actually did restart the cmd window, and I added
> C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\common\lib\mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar; to my
> classpath, both to no avail.

Hmmm ... are you just using javac to compile this app? I'd still
double-check the CLASSPATH ( DOS prompt: echo %CLASSPATH% ) and
check your import statements in the *.java file.

Still, if it works from the JSP pages, that's probably where you'll
spend most of your time :-)

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --