[thelist] finding the right path in Tomcat

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 5 17:13:04 CDT 2002

So I'm writing this little bug track app, and I'm starting to do
pages in a webapp directory. So my structure is:

c:\tomcat\webapps\bugTrak

to use as the home directory. (I don't want to use ROOT, will
probably do other stuff on this server)

I made a folder in there called "includes" so you would have
bugTrak\includes.

I put my db connection in there as an include and used the line:

<jsp:include page="/includes/bugConnection" flush="true"/>

in my jsp. But, I get an error. Tomcat doesn't see bugTrak as the
root, which I guess makes sense. I tried "/bugTrak/includes.." which
does not work either.

how can I find out what the path is? If I go to
http://localhost/bugTrak/ it will give me my index.jsp page!
confused!

Tom

=====