[thelist] Netscape 6 CSS Layout Overflow Problem

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Sat Jul 6 22:52:01 CDT 2002

After randomly stumbling onto http://www.mako4css.com and realizing that a
table-less page can actually look somewhat decent in Netscape 4, I've been
trying to create a table-less layout that is compatible with IE, Netscape 4,
Netscape 6, and Opera.  So far, I've got my basic design down pretty well in
IE and Netscape 4, but in Netscape 6, my sections bar is overflowing into my
footer.  IE and Netscape 4 render the footer below the entire content div, but
it seems that in Netscape 6 and Opera 5, the vertical position of the footer
is being determined by the height of the content bar, not the height of
whichever bar is longer within the main <div class="Content"> section.  I have
a feeling that I'm missing something with the box model with my CSS sheet, but
I'm not quire certain as to what it is.  Can someone give me some words of
wisdom?

Test Page:
http://216.12.34.199/csstest.html

Netscape 4 Stylesheet: