[thelist] ftp problems- can't get file list on a Mac

Rob Schumann roblgs at cscoms.com
Sat Jul 6 23:14:01 CDT 2002

Hi Kathy,

On 06-07-2002 Kathy Long wrote:

 > I can ftp just fine with wsFTP on my PC behind the same
 > firewall

Forgive my ignorance of windows, but is wsftp a secure client??

That being the case I would give Macsftp a try (there's a 15 day demo available from macssh.com). Some linux hosts are switching over from ftp to the secure version and this causes fetch problems, typically appearing to login OK, but then spending forever seemingly doing nothing until an error is returned.

Cheers

Rob