[thelist] ftp problems- can't get file list on a Mac

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Sun Jul 7 11:26:01 CDT 2002

Today, the cows mooved Rob Schumann to write:
> On 06-07-2002 Kathy Long wrote:
>
>  > I can ftp just fine with wsFTP on my PC behind the same
>  > firewall
>
> Forgive my ignorance of windows, but is wsftp a secure client??

No, it is not.  There are SFTP clients for Windows, although I don't know of any
off the top of my head.  Unless your host allows shell access, you may want to
avoid SCP clients like WinSCP, which uses the SSH protocol to connect, rather
than FTP.  M.e.o I know rejects SCP connections, as will many others.

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

There's no place like ~.  There's no place like ~.  There's no place like ~.