[thelist] access help

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 05:20:00 CDT 2002

After going round in circles most of yesterday
trying to figure this out. I've decided I could do with
a helping hand. If anybody is willing 8-)

I have a clients database from which I need to extract some very
basic info and print and email the results.
The problem is I have to go beyond my basic knowledge of
constructing databases and delve into the programming.

Basically I have to choose a postcode and output the number
of products sold under that postcode, broken down into specific
ranges 1-5, 5-10, 10-20 products etc., a running total in each range
essentially.

What I need to do is return results in the form below -

postcodes                  CH    L    M    SK    WA      etc

Products
1    -    5                       6     2     4     8       12
6    -    10                    10    5     12    22      30
11    -    20                    5    8      4     24      12
21    -    30                    etc

Currently I have two filters set up that allow me to select a postcode
and filter for all products under that postcode. Right clicking in the
number of products returned allows me to further filter a specific range.

This is rather long winded and requires manually checking each postcode
and each range there in and the output prints each record in turn. Touching
close on 140,000 records means its not a job to do by hand, although with
the
problems I'm having and the time limit I have I have considered it.

I know this is asking a lot but if anyone here can help me out
I'd be very, very grateful and return the favour when and where possible.

Darren Yates
*fingers crossed*
dn at dittodesign.co.uk
http://dittodesign.co.uk