[thelist] ASP: Shopping Cart Theory

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Mon Jul 8 12:52:01 CDT 2002

Ken -

Let me take a shot at this.  I might be wrong here, but would like the
feedback if I am.

If the user does not have cookies, then a session variable won't work since
it is based on cookies (unless you are using a non-cookie based session
solution, which I doubt).  So using a session variable only adds an extra
burden on the server making it easier just to store the information in the
users cookie.

Josh