[thelist] ASP: Shopping Cart Theory

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Mon Jul 8 13:09:01 CDT 2002

Ken -

Actually, ASP offers link related session management, which I think is
native.  Unfortunately, I don't remember how it works or what it is called,
maybe someone else will.  However, basically if it is active users get
served pages with links that uniquely identify who clicked them which allows
for sessions. The downside is that this is extremely server intensive since
it has to parse each served page and replace all the links on the page with
the new "session" links.

If I can remember the name of this thing, I'll pass it on.

Good luck!
Josh