[thelist] ASP: Shopping Cart Theory

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Jul 8 14:33:00 CDT 2002

/
> prompted that the shopping cart is trying to write a cookie... hopefully
> they'll be bright enough to figure out that's it's necessary.

Why hope? Test whether the browser accepts cookies, and if not,
write a message on the page telling them.

You can make it something nice like, "You're welcome to browse, but
will be unable to buy anything unless your browser is set to accept
cookies"; some instructions for the non-technical might be nice to
offer as well ...

FWIW,
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --