[thelist] table cells as links

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Mon Jul 8 21:10:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dmytro Borovsky" <thelist at web-artel.net>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 20:58
Subject: RE: [thelist] table cells as links

> > Which browsers no longer support <td href="blah">?
>
> What is it <td href="blah">? What HTML version is it from?

I was wondering the same thing - I can't find it specified in the HTML 4.01 or
3.2 standards.  The 3.2 standard lists the following attributes only

<!ATTLIST (th|td)                  -- header or data cell --
        nowrap (nowrap)  #IMPLIED  -- suppress word wrap --
        rowspan NUMBER   1         -- number of rows spanned by cell --
        colspan NUMBER   1         -- number of cols spanned by cell --
        %cell.halign;              -- horizontal alignment in cells --
        %cell.valign;              -- vertical alignment in cells --
        width   %Pixels  #IMPLIED  -- suggested width for cell --
        height  %Pixels  #IMPLIED  -- suggested height for cell --

and a search on Google turned up only this WebTV reference:

http://www.wtv-zone.com/rtcamm/usflcodes.html#H0_a

Using <a href=""> with display: block and an onclick handler for the td as
backup should work fine though, not to mention that it would validate
correctly.

Regards,
Jackson Yee
jyee at vt.edu